What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back Home Again

The trip home from Amsterdam was uneventful. The weather we brought back from Cairo was very pleasant. We've been home for over 24 hours, much of which was spent sleeping. I headed out to the grocery store in the early afternoon. I saw my first sign of spring here, a Minnesotan in shorts.

Well, with this temperature, why not.


Of course, there are still a few traces of snow on the ground.


But compare that to a couple of days before we left for Egypt:


It might not look a lot better to people who don't live here, but there is a 60 degree difference in the temperature! I still can't take the Christmas candles in since their cords are still buried in the ice but maybe tomorrow?

I've spent most the afternoon going through the mail.


And those warm temperatures have now resulted in this banner at the top of the weather page:

No comments: