What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Sunday, January 23, 2011

Packers versus the Bears

Well, the game starts in about 45 minutes and we won't be watching. It's available here on Fox Sports, but that's a pay channel and we only have free TV on our satellite dish.

I've blogged a bit about satellite TV in Egypt in the past. Here, here and here.

I just found a very helpful website for locating sports programming. It is Liveonsat.com

It concentrates on what the rest of the world calls "football" but if you visit the site, you will find this menu along the top.
Football4

Click on that item marked "Other Sports" and you will get a series of menus that lead you to U.S. sports such as NFL football.
Football5

Here is the entry for tonight's game:
Football1

Along the right hand side, you will find a list of satellite broadcast services that are carrying the game. Note Fox Sports. That's the good news. The bad news is that it is in blue - meaning a scrambled pay-channel.

Here is the Super Bowl entry for a couple of weeks from now.
Football3

Note the red entries. FREE TV!

Hover your mouse pointer over one of those entries and you will even see which satellites, transponders and the like carry the service. I'll have to re-aim the dish to pick up Hotbird but I'll be able to watch. I am saying "I" instead of "we" because Linda isn't into 2:00 a.m. games.


For tonight, I am just going to have to find someone who will be live-blogging the game. That should be easy.

No comments: