What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Friday, February 28, 2020

A Satisfied Customer


One of the most fun places to shop (other than the big bazaar in Cairo) is on the way to Philae temple. The street leading to the ticket booth is lined with shops but this is not where the "fun" is.
SecondBatch-007

Past the ticket booth and lining the walkway to the boats, you will find open air shopping.
Phillae-2

Here you can find more local merchandise than your eyes can handle.
SecondBatch-011


Once you find what you're interested in, you stop to choose which hat you think your brother will like. You'll likely hear a story of how the vendor's very own grandmother made this hat. True or not, it makes for a good tale to tell your brother. Now begins the bargaining. One of our guests was new to bargaining and a little shy to try it so I stepped in to help her negotiate a price that satisfied both buyer and seller. I'm willing to help you too if you'd like to visit Egypt.
SecondBatch-009   Phillae4-1

There are so many interesting things from which to choose.
SecondBatch-012       SecondBatch-014

SecondBatch-015


Boats are waiting at the end of the walkway and you may think that is the end of the shopping.  But no! There are more and different offerings there. Now you get an up close look at necklaces and bracelets. "Try this one. It suits you." 
SecondBatch-002


I bought one made by the seller's "mother". Something tells me that whichever one I bought was made by a relative of some sort. Mother or not, I was happy with my choice.
Phillae3-1

Now on to the other passengers. "Your friend bought one. How about you? I have different colors."
SecondBatch-004   SecondBatch-005


Here is a look at the type of boat that transported us to the island of Phillae.
SecondBatch-001


In the end, a satisfied customer with a lovely souvenir of the trip to Philae.
SecondBatch-006





No comments: