What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Saturday, September 1, 2012

Birds in Bloomington

The next post down on this blog shows some of my "wild game" camera results from our lake cabin near Gordon, Wisconsin.

One day, a blue jay flew past the camera and I got this picture.
WGI_0932 copy

"Hey," I though, "I should bring the camera back home and put it by the bird feeder outside our kitchen window."  This is the camera I have been using.
IMG_1490

The results were disappointing though.  The camera has a fixed-focus lens and the birds looked pretty bad when the pictures were "enlarged" enough to see some detail.  Then, I thought, "why not buy some glasses for the camera?"  I headed over to Walmart where I found a pair of reading glasses for $2 and went to work.  I popped out a lens, put some electrical tape on the edges and taped it over the camera lens.
IMG_1491 IMG_1489

Voila!  A camera that was focused at about the 4-foot mark.

I'm not too happy with the pictures.  The lighting in this spot is not good, I need to increase the strength of the lens and now I have 4,000 pictures to go through and sort out the winners and the losers! 
WGI_0201

WGI_5772

WGI_6837

WGI_9987


1 comment:

Luxury Morocco Holidays said...

great info !!!
www.topmoroccotours.com