What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Sunday, March 23, 2014

This Blog Is on Hiatus

We stopped by the Vodafone store today to pick some more gigabytes for Linda's iPad for the final week of our stay.  I inquired about the woefully slow Internet speed we have experienced over the past two or three days.

"There are issues in the Network," replied Moustafa.  (my good friend Amr was not working today.)

"When do you think it will be fixed," I inquired."

"In this area?  Never!

We left with 3 more gigas for Linda and resigned ourselves to not much access. 

I used the CNET broadband speed test (available at this link) and found that we are running about 18 to 30 thousand bits per second (bps).  If you are old enough, you may remember when dialup speeds got to be as high as 56 thousand bps.

I suppose this is a better situation than last year when Linda was told that her connection problem was due to a "bidding in her oteresk."  At least we all understand what network issues are.

By the way, my present connection is much better than yesterday's.  So perhaps I will get a few more pictures up in the next few days.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice creative blog ,thanks for sharing with us.
Tempo Traveller Rent Delhi