What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Monday, February 16, 2009

How Many Egyptians Can Ride on One Motorcycle

Speaking of motorcycles (and we were the other day when I talked about the hazards of walking in Cairo.) Just how many people can ride on a single motorcycle?

The other night, as we were coming home in a taxi, we saw a family of six riding on a bike comparable to this one.



Dad was driving. Mom was riding behind with a baby in her right arm and was holding another child of about eighteen months in the left. A small girl was riding behind mom. The oldest son was riding on the handlebars in front of dad. I'm sorry I couldn't get a picture. It was too dark as they surprised us passing by on the right side as we inched along.

No comments: