What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, January 5, 2012

Dining in WIlliamsburg, Iowa. Myers Grill

We spent our first evening on the road in Williamsburg, Iowa.  Located on I-80, about 90 miles East of Des Moines.  Williamsburg features a population of about 2600, has a few motels and is located about ten miles South of Marengo, our next stop.

We were delighted to find that it also has a fantastic home-grown restaurant know as Myers Grill and Catering, located at 303 S. Highland St., about a mile and a half South of I-80.  Now don't be put off by the fact that it occupies Mike Myers' former garage.
IowaDay2-02

Urban Spoon features four reviews at the moment and they all gave it five stars.  The locals eat here and give it marks just as high as the travelers.

One reviewer wrote:
"Food is wonderful, people are friendly.. love the bacon wrapped shrimp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hey, try the bacon wrapped pork chop!  Or the Cajun chicken Alfredo.  Even the bean soup was uniquely flavored and very tasty.

You could easily miss the sign - or even the restaurant.
IowaDay2-03

I know we'll be back though.  I thoughtlessly went to dinner without a camera, but I went back in the morning to photograph the place.  We'll be back the next time that we are in this area.




No comments: