What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Chocolate Chips - by Linda

We found some locally made chocolate chips in order to make cookies today. Magic Moments is the brand name.  They are quite unlike any I've seen before. We purchased 2 packages because each is only 80 grams (in the US I usually buy a 283 gr/10oz bag).
Cookies-4


When I opened the two packages I discovered that the contents were decidedly different from each other, in color, size and shape. The milk chocolate colored chips are round and flat.  The darker oddly shaped chips are rounded on top but do not have the characteristic mountain peak that one finds on either Nestle or Hershey's brands. They taste different too. The light ones have very little flavor and are quite waxy, while the darker ones taste slightly bitter sweet. Aren't the two packages exactly the same?  Yes, and the reason is a phrase we use often here, "That's Egypt!"
Cookies-5 Cookies-6


Cookie-1

Oh well, when eating them people will taste them with their eyes and will not notice anything different than the cookies they ate last time.  My reputation as the "cookie lady" will live on.
Cookies-8 Cookies-7




No comments: