What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Coffee Maker Quit

You may recall that I bought a new coffee maker about a month ago.  Two days ago it quit working.  I suspected the plug adapter that I had purchased to fit the "British" plug into the Egyptian socket and took a close look.
EgyptDandy-03 EgyptDandy-04

Hey somethings been cooking besides the coffee!  I opened it up and saw that it relied on pressure between screws and contacts.  Yes, one of the internal screws was loose, and the plastic a bit deformed.  Looks like Mr. Sparky's been there too.  he definitely took the shine off the head of one screw.
EgyptDandy-02 EgyptDandy-01

When I bought a replacement last night, I noticed that they also came in 2-packs and 3-packs.  Maybe I should always keep a spare around.

Made in China, sold in Egypt.  Americans have no idea what comfort they live in thanks to Underwriters Labs, Consumer Reports and the like.





No comments: