What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Traffic Jam on the Ring Road

I glanced out the front window this morning and noticed very heavy traffic on the Ring Road.  It was moving at walking speed or less.
EgyptStreet-1

Did you see them in that picture?  The street vendors?
EgyptStreet-2

Anytime traffic slows to a crawl here, you will find people magically appearing to sell small packages of tissues or full-size boxes of tissues.  But I was most interested in this fellow.
EgyptStreet-3

He's going from car to car selling Spiderman balloons.

Unfortunately, while I was photographing the street action, I neglected to turn around and lean out to see what was causing the jam.  Otherwise I would be showing you a picture of a large truck and trailer with the cab dangling over the side of the elevated freeway.  I didn't see it until an hour or so later when we were leaving for lunch and a crane was lifting it back up onto the road.

No comments: