What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, February 7, 2013

More Meals Out

I was accused by a friend of doing something rather "touristy" the other day when we went to Chili's for lunch.  So I will dutifully report that when we took that defective blender back to Carrefour, we did what Egyptians do for lunch - we went to McDonald's.

Of course, I ordered the McArabia sandwich, my favorite item on the menu.
EgyptPhone-1-1

We made up for this additional indiscretion by having some good Egyptian food on subsequent days.  While waiting for time to pass during our visa update process, we had a lunch of foul (pronounced "fool") and salad. 
EgyptPhone-1

We also enjoyed a dinner with friends that included delicious bamia.  Bamia is Arabic for okra which I ordinarily hate.  But when it is prepared the Egyptian way with tomato sauce and meat, I love it.

Tonight we were served arnabeet.  That's roasted or deep-fried cauliflower.  I can't find a recipe that I think does this one justice.  I think it might be another "secret of the desert."
EgyptPhones-1





No comments: