What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our Romanian Lunch

When we left Brasov and headed Northwest, Eduard asked if we liked fish.  We explained that we weren't great enthusiasts but would be happy to try the local varieties.  We soon stopped at this fish restaurant.
Brasov_plus-12

Eduard and I ordered up the fish soup for openers.  We both had the local specialty, Carp, as an entree.  Notice the unusual spelling on the title of the menu page.
Brasov_plus-13

Linda wisely stayed with a reliable favorite of trout, seen here.
Brasov_plus-15

I can only describe the carp as a bit like eating fish fat.  Not something I am likely to repeat on the trip. The dessert was excellent and the local Ursus (bear) brand beer was quite adequate (5% by volume).
Brasov_plus-14

No comments: