What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Monday, January 21, 2013

Freedom - Flaunt it.

What is the biggest change I've noticed here since the revolution?  Well, take a look at this picture from pre-revolution Cairo.
EgyptFreedom-1

Both the taxi driver and the private citizen are wearing their seatbelts.  Now, based on a lot of experience, I can tell you that they might not be fastened.  Many drivers just pulled them across their chest until approaching a police checkpoint - then they clicked them.  But the police enforced the law strictly and no one liked it.

I've been looking for someone wearing a seatbelt for the past week since I first noticed the change.  I have yet to see one.  Even though numerous police are back on the streets and highways, this law seems to be a priority with neither.

Here's a link to a different form of defiance of a similar law.

No comments: