What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, March 23, 2023

A Reading Chair

 There was an empty corner in our sun-filled bedroom that was begging for a chair. I thought it would be the perfect spot for a dedicated reading chair. Thinking doesn't make it happen so we went looking for a furniture store. I remembered seeing Zoski Furniture on our regular route to the bakery.

ZoskiChair-4


One night on a whim we stopped to see what they had.

ZoskiChair-3


Zoski is a family furniture business. They have two shops in Giza, one on Faisal Street and one on Lebeny Street. The furniture itself is made in the Delta city of Damietta. I was helped by a lovely young lady, Minna, with excellent English ability, matched only by her lively personality. She really knew her product also.

ZoskiChair-2


I brought a photo of the type of chair that I wanted and a soft cushion from one of our living room chairs as an example. Egyptian furniture tends to be on the hard side for me. 


 

My chair was promised for completion in twelve days at the very acceptable price of  6800 EGP ($227.00)

ZoskiChair-1


Twelve days after order would have suggested the delivery date would be February 6. True to the Egyptian time line, the chair was not ready for deliver until February 15. Omar, the son of the Zoski owner, (and brother of Minna) delivered the chair with the help of a tall muscular man, who carried it up eight flights of stairs. Our building does have an elevator that we use but it was deemed too small for the chair.

ZoskiChair-5


The reading chair fits perfectly in the corner. Now we just need a small table for my coffee and glasses.

ZoskiChair-6


That table sounds like a project for next year. Until then Tom has given up his night stand for me to use. I enjoy sitting in my reading corner with a book, an iPad and a sunny view toward the pyramids of Sakkara.

ZoskiChair-7




No comments: