What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Saturday, March 11, 2023

Vegetable Jenga

 The first time I went to this market I was struck by the beauty of all the vegetables and fruit. I stood in one spot and stared, then reached for my camera.  I never see the vegetables piled like this in my local supermarket or farmers’ market in Minnesota. Why not?
When I recovered from the beauty of the food, I realized why not.
Have you ever played Jenga, the game in which players take turns removing one block at a time from a tower constructed of 54 blocks? If you know the game then you know how the blocks can tumble.

What if I didn’t see a cucumber on top of the pile that I liked and wanted to purchase. Instead I thought this one looked good for my salad.

VegEdit2-2


 

What about if I wanted this zucchini to complete my dinner?  Or this carrot?   Maybe I’m in a mischievous mood and just want to see if I could remove one and have nothing happen until the next person comes along.

VegEdit2-1


 

I have been in the market when an avalanche of egg plants began. And the person didn’t even pull a veg from the middle. Luckily it didn’t progress too far. But it did make me think about Jenga.

VeggiesEdited-1


 

No more "Jenga thinking". I'm just going to enjoy the beauty of the piles of fruits and veggies.

Fruit-1


 

Fruit-3





1 comment:

Aliza said...

I love the apple array! It's so imaginative.