What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Another Restaurant Review

 Linda appropriately notes that I have been neglecting the Travel Blog.

I am ready to begin a series of posts recapping our outing to the Siwa Oasis in the Western Desert, but let's first review another local restaurant.

When I had Googled "Syrian restaurants near me," a month or so ago, I discovered two others besides the Syrian sandwich shop that we discussed here.  It took me awhile to find the next one since it only appears under an Arabic name but the location coincides with another restaurant I had been anxious to visit since we first saw it.

"Bomber Food" reads the sign atop the building.  We pass it frequently as we come down the street in front of our apartment.

BomberFood-1-2


On the night we visited, there were no customers upstairs but we were warmly greeted and directed to the stairway leading to the table seating area.  (Most restaurants here have seating upstairs, with the kitchen and "take-away" facility on the lower floor.)

The menu had a nice selection of burgers and other fast-food items. 

BomberFood-6    BomberFood-5


Linda and I both decided on the Double "Hallipeno Bueger."  I also ordered a side of fries and a Pepsi.

BomberFood-1    BomberFood-2

It turns out that the double is way too big to eat like a hamburger - but it is a delightfully flavored burger and I will try the single next time.  At 120 EGP ($4) it is a bit pricey - but the fries were plentiful for 50 cents and the Pepsi was only about 35 cents.  Overall, I have to call it a good value.

BomberFood-3


The seating area is equipped with a large screen satellite TV but was not turned on.  Downstairs, as in a couple of coffee shops we passed on the way, a very important football match was underway.

The seating and decor was newly updated and comfortable.

BomberFood-4



No comments: