What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Thursday, March 23, 2023

First Aid

We were ready to go out shopping for a few food items this afternoon.  I was gathering our cats to put them out in the hall and Inky did not want to leave.  He grabbed my wrist with both paws to protest.

Oh great, I'm bleeding.  Well, at least I'll get a chance to check out that new blood-thinner that the doctor put me on three months ago.  (He was after me since I turned 75 to upgrade from an aspirin to one of the new hi-tech thinners.  I finally gave in this past December.)

Fifteen minutes down the block, I was still bleeding.  Good news I can report to the cardiologist!  But messy.

I stopped in at a pharmacy.  We have three on our block - these are popular places for fixing whatever ails you, and Egyptians ail quite frequently.  Pharmacists have a lot of discretion to treat folks here.

I asked for a "band-aid" and was handed a pretty good sized wound-dressing close to what we carried in our army first aid kits.  I must have looked worse than I thought!   

 "No, just small band-aid," I indicated. 

The pharmacist's assistant then handed me ten "band-aid" strips - 5 small and 5 medium.

"Aiwa! (Yes)" I replied and they both smiled.

RamadanIsHere-12

The band-aids appear under the trademark of "Cureaid," say "Made In Egypt," and look like the real thing.

But first, they applied some Betadine to the wound, turning my wrist a nice shade of yellow.  Nice idea.

Then they sprayed on a white spray that stops bleeding.  Another nice touch.  I stuck on one of the medium band-aids.

I took a picture of the bandaged wrist when we got home.

RamadanIsHere-11

 

 

 

The bill was 10 EGP.  That's about 35 cents, U.S.   I think that is a fair price for the Cureaid strips and consider the treatment a generous gift for Ramadan.

By the way, the band-aids don't stick worth a darn.  Maybe that's why they gave me ten of them.

 

 


No comments: