What's New On Tom's Travel Blog?

Flickr has been improved! Almost all photos on this blog come from my Flickr Photostream. You can now go directly to a page that shows all of my Flickr photo sets by following this link. It's the easiest way to navigate in my on-line photos.


Saturday, March 26, 2022

Eggs

We needed a few more eggs before we leave for home next week so I walked down the street to the convenience store.  They keep their eggs in front of the deli meats case.  (Eggs are not refrigerated outside of North America - see, for instance:)

IMG_7819edited1


All sizes are kept together, you choose your size or color as you pick them out and bag them.  I brought along my own carton but most people just put them in a plastic bag - Egyptian eggs have thick shells.  Once home, I compared sizes of the six I chose.  They ranged from 52 grams (small) to 68 (large). One would do well to weigh the eggs when baking cookies.

IMG_7820edited1


I paid 2 EGP apiece for the eggs, about eleven cents.  One might do a bit better at an egg store like this one but it is about a half-mile away.

IMG_7692edited1


I blogged about one of the Christian egg stores back in 2017.

No comments: